Criteria for eligibility
- As part of our effort to hire new Team Members who can support our mission of enhancing the lives of older adults, we are launching an employee referral contest where we will be giving away a new car to two eligible employee participants who are selected from random drawings that will be conducted on or around March 1, 2022.
- To be eligible to participate, you must be a current full-time or part-time Team Member (an employee) in good standing on the day of the drawing; on-call or temporary employees are not eligible to participate.
- This contest applies to employees of Transforming Age and its affiliates, including: Skyline Senior Living, Parkshore, Fred Lind Manor, Evergreen Court, Eastmont Senior Living, Full Life Care, DASH, SHAG, Waterford Manor & Estates, Heathers Manor & Heathers Estates, The Timbers, Tradition, The Rivers, and Norse Home.
- There will be two winners from the drawing on March 1, 2022. One will be a Current Team Member and one will be a Newly Hired Team Member. Current Team Member is defined as an employee having full-time or part-time status who is employed in good standing with Transforming Age or an affiliate prior to November 8, 2021, and on the day of the contest drawing. Newly Hired Team Member is defined as an employee having full or part-time status who is employed in good standing with Transforming Age or an affiliate beginning on or after November 8, 2021, and who remains employed in good standing through the day of the contest drawing.
- Employees considered to be in a management position, or in HR or another role related to recruiting/hiring, as determined by each individual affiliate or market rate housing community are not eligible to participate in this contest. If you are uncertain as to whether you are eligible to participate in this contest, please speak with your immediate Supervisor.
- Team Members who are still in their probationary period are eligible for the drawing, as long as they meet criteria specified above.
- Team Members who are employed, but are not in good standing during the Contest Period, are not eligible to participate in the contest. For example, if you have received a written warning due to unsatisfactory performance, or your most recent performance review indicates that your overall performance is unsatisfactory, you will not eligible for the drawing. As a general matter, determinations of good standing will involve an examination of an employee’s performance from June 1, 2021 through the date of the contest drawing on March 1, 2022.
Contest Timing & Entries
- The Contest Period begins on November 8, 2021, and runs through February 14, 2022.
- Entries based on the rules set forth in this contest summary must occur within the Contest Period.
Current Team Member Drawing
If you are a Current Team Member, and a job applicant during the Contest Period identifies you as having referred the applicant, you will receive one entry for the Current Team Member Drawing, subject to the following requirements. A referral of an applicant for potential hire by any Transforming Age community or affiliate can be eligible. However, any referral must be genuine and made in the employee’s good faith determination that the applicant is actually interested in, and qualified for, employment at the location where the applicant applies. For example, if an individual
- applies for a job based on your referral, but the individual does not live within a reasonable commuting distance of the location where the individual has applied for employment, the referral of this applicant would not qualify an entry for the Current Team Member Drawing. Transforming Age and/or the employing affiliate reserve the right in all cases to determine whether this standard has been met for any potential referral and to determine, if applicable, the specific employee who will be credited with the referral.
- If this applicant is hired and begins working for Transforming Age or an affiliate during the Contest Period, the referring Team Member will be issued a second entry for the Current Team Member Drawing.
- If this applicant successfully completes 45 days of employment with Transforming Age or an affiliate during the Contest Period (determined from the first day of work as day 1 and the 45th calendar day following first day of work), the referring Team Member will receive a third entry for the Current Team Member Drawing.
- [For purposes of this contest, applicants will be asked to identify whether a current employee has referred the applicant to Transforming Age and/or an affiliate. Such applicants will be asked to identify only one referring employee, and each entry in the drawings will be attributable to only one referring employee.]
Additional Rules and Considerations
- All contest rules and eligibility standards will be applied and determined, and are subject to supplementation and change without prior notice, by Transforming Age and/or the applicable affiliate.
- Any employee who, in the determination of Transforming Age and/or the applicable employing affiliate, has violated the rules of this contest or otherwise attempted to secure invalid entries in the contest drawing will be disqualified from the contest and may be subject to discipline, up to an including termination of employment.
- Employee participation in the contest is entirely voluntary. No employee is required or expected to participate in the contest.
- Two 2022 Honda Civic Sport vehicles. One vehicle will be awarded to the winner of the Current Team Member Drawing and one vehicle will be awarded to the winner of the Newly Hired Team Member Drawing. Prior to awarding either vehicle to the Team Members whose entries are pulled during the drawing, Transforming Age and the employer(s) of those Team Members will take additional steps to verify that the Team Members are eligible to participate in the contest and their winning entries are valid.
- Eligibility is determined as outlined above.
- Standard vehicle sales tax and licensing fees for each winner will be paid by Transforming Age.
- Income tax associated with the vehicle awards and the payment of the sales tax and licensing fees for each winner will also be covered by Transforming Age.
- All other expenses related to the vehicles and their ownership will be the responsibility of the winning Team Members.
- The vehicles will be provided to the winning Team Members at the dealership(s) where the vehicles have been purchased. It will be the responsibility of the winning Team Members to attend the meeting with the dealership, provide proof of insurance, satisfy any other state or legal requirements, and take any other steps necessary for the ownership of the vehicles to be transferred to the Team Members.
- Transforming Age will select the specific vehicles that will be awarded to the winning Team Members, and Transforming Age makes no guarantees or representations regarding those vehicles. Any vehicle pictures used in contest materials are for illustrative purposes only and are not meant to be representative of the actual vehicles that will be awarded. Transforming Age also reserves the right to change the make and model of the vehicle to a similar vehicle in the event there are issues with vehicle availability. The winning Team Members will not be allowed to make any particular selections in terms of vehicle colors, options, or option packages, nor will Transforming Age pay for any accessories, dealer upgrades, extended warranties, or any other additional costs beyond the base cost of the vehicles selected by Transforming Age.
- The odds of winning one of the vehicles in this contest are not and cannot be known at the present time, but will be determined by, respectively, the number of valid contest entries secured by eligible Current Team Members, and the number of valid contest entries secured by eligible Newly Hired Team Members.